songshow plus worship presentation software
Color Search returns few or no results.
While using SongShow Plus and selecting the Search By Color option for filtering media the user gets either no or insufficient results from the search.
It is most likely that the initial index was not complete on existing files when the Color Search feature was installed.
Test to Verify:
- Launch SongShow Plus.
- Select the Images Media tab.
- Select the Search By Folder search option and find an image that is mostly all one common color such as red or blue. Select, right-click and duplicate that image.
- Select the Search By Color option and click on the color that matches the previously selected image.
- If this test image is found, the Search By Color option is working properly. Proceed to the "Re-index system files" step.
- If this test image is NOT found, completely uninstall and re-install Chromex on the system to correct the file tags. After this is complete, a re-index should begin automatically.
- From the Windows Start menu select Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel select Indexing Options.
- Click on the Advanced button to open that menu.
- Once open click on the Rebuild button. This will initiate a rebuild of the Windows Index that tags all files for Color Search.
This process may take a while depending on the other demands on your system. You can confirm that it has started by observing the Indexing Options dialog and notice that the message will change at the top indicating that items are being indexed. This can be closed and allowed to run on its own.
NOTE: Windows 8.x seems to take longer to index and the indicators for completion have been observed as being premature. If you are using Windows 8.x please allow an hour or so after the completion indication to be sure that it is actually complete.
The Color Search feature is not installed or is out of date.
- Launch SongShow Plus.
- From the main toolbar, select Update > Check for Updates.
- Once launched, look for the status of Chromex 2.0. If it is showing Up to date, contact support.
- If it is not installed or up to date, select the link to download the update.
- Once the download is complete, start the installation.
Once the installation is complete this should start a file index automatically. You can follow the steps in the solution above to check on or initiate a rebuild to make your media files show up.
If these solutions do not resolve your issue, contact the support team for further assistance.