songshow plus worship presentation software
Trend Micro PC-Cillin causes false positive for possible virus during SSP install
*This will only apply if you are using a Trend Micro Virus product*
The issue is that the Lyrics Import Plug-in fails during installation/update.
We were able to verify that the lyrics import dll file was detected for what we believe to be a false positive. We have scanned this particular file with several other tools and remain confident that it is a false positive from the heuristic scanner in the Trend Micro software. The file has been submitted to them for analysis.
As always, please report any odd behavior of this nature so we can investigate thoroughly.
Here are some steps for a workaround specific to the SSP Lyrics service installation/function issue caused by the quarantine of the dll file by the Trend Micro software. A few assumptions have been made regarding the control panel of the Trend Micro product that you are using, primarily that it is similar to the Internet Security version that was tested. Basically what needs to be done is set a scan exception for a particular folder. Once this is done the Song Lyrics Import plug-in will install and work correctly.
1. Open the Trend Micro Client Control panel.
2. Find the settings button in the Virus and Spyware controls.
3. In the area with the settings for protection against viruses, look for a tab related to the File Monitor function.
4. You should find a button that will allow access to an ignore or exclude folders/files settings area.
5. If you are able to find this setting you need to either enter or browse to the file path shown below - The assumption is made that SSP is installed at the default location. Modify the file path accordingly if that is not the case:
C:\Program Files\R-Technics\SongShow Plus\bin\R-Technics.SSP.LyricsServiceImport
6. If at this point you are not able to set the exception, talk to whomever administers the virus software at your location for assistance.
7. Once the exception for scanning this folder is set you can re-launch the SSP install package or updater.
8. Make sure to check the Lyrics Service Import plug-in for installation. You should only have to actually reinstall the Lyrics Service plug-in for the fix to take affect - the others should be fine.
Again, we remain confident that it is a false positive from the heuristic scanner in the Trend Micro software. The file has been submitted to them for analysis and we will update this when we get information from them.