songshow plus worship presentation software
Network Machine - setting up shared resources in SongShow Plus*
Applicable SongShow Plus Versions:
This article applies to all SongShow Plus 8.x versions and later.
Sometimes users want to access or link specific shared network resources (folders or drives) within SongShow Plus. The Network Machine applet was added to facilitate this. This applet can be found many places within SongShow Plus and used as both a source for importing media as well as a destination for exporting files via PTG.
NOTE: The SongShow Drive tool is a better, more versatile cloud-based tool that is available within SongShow Plus.
To use the Network Machine tool there are two parts to the process - setup and selection.
To setup the connection to the user's shared network resources, they must know the location and credentials of that shared network resource to be able to complete the initial setup steps. If the user has this information then following the steps below will make that resource available in SongShow Plus:
NOTE: This tool allows for multiple "accounts" to be created but this guide assumes that you have not set up any access yet. Each resource will be set up as an "account" and will be available for selection elsewhere in SongShow Plus.
- Launch SongShow Plus
- From the main tool bar select Tools > Acquire Media From > Network Machine...
- From the Select Account page, click on "Select Another Account..."
- In the "Select Network Share" page, enter the network name of the machine that the share is located on. (Depending on your network settings or previously mapped resources, network machines may or may not appear here for selection.)
- Once the machine name is entered, enter the credentials of the shared resource as needed.
- Click "Get Shares" to list all available resource share names.
- Select the desired resource, then select the remember option (No for one-time access, otherwise Yes) and name the connection.
- Click Save then Close.
This specific resource is now linked and saved within SongShow Plus and will be available in a variety of scenarios. Repeat this process for other resource locations as needed.
The selection process will vary slightly depending on the scenario but generally, now that it is saved, it will appear as an available resource.
For Media Import
- Select the Create or Acquire From... option from the desired media type panel.
- Select Network Machine as the source.
- Select the desired source and click Select Files.
- Sort and select files as needed and complete the import normally.
For Package To Go
- Once the Network Machine share is set-up, this is the same process as always - Just be aware that the saved shared network resources will now appear in the Source/Destination list at the left side of the PTG utility.
- Selected the desired resource and continue normally.
NOTE: As expected, all shared network resources must remain available on the network with the location and credentials unchanged for this to continue to work. If any of these change, the connections can be updated by selecting the share, right-clicking and selecting Re-Authorize... or removed and re-created using the process above.
For any questions or issues, contact the support team.