songshow plus worship presentation software
SSP Best Practices - Optimal system working environment for SongShow Plus*
Applicable SongShow Plus Versions:
This article applies to all versions of SongShow Plus.
In addition to the other system settings noted in other articles, we make the following recommendations regarding the system working environment for SongShow Plus:
- Avoid running any other applications while running SSP, especially during a live presentation. Additional applications may vary in the amount of resources that they use but can affect the performance of SSP. These applications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Anti-virus software (Norton, Symantec, McAfee etc)
- Malware protection software
- Search or drive indexing software other than Windows Search (ie. Google desktop search - anything that monitors and indexes system file activity) (SSP does use Windows Search and Indexing but in that case it is controlled by SSP rather than an external source)
- Video/Image editing products (Pinnacle, Adobe, etc)
- SSP should be the primary purpose of the presentation system. Avoid installing unnecessary applications or "packs" that include numerous unknown video filters/CODECs. While these may address other system issues these may conflict with SSP and make troubleshooting issues very difficult.
- Eliminate unnecessary applications from the system start up. Only have those items that you really need for SSP (which should be nothing) in the windows start up directory.
- Restart the system and SSP before starting a presentation session. This will clear the system memory and make all resources available to SSP.
These are simply guidelines for your SongShow Plus system use. If you can run your system with other things and it performs to your satisfaction, that is great.
One notable exception to these recommendations are systems that specifically designed and configured to handle the additional workload such as the pre-configured systems from GoFishMedia.