songshow plus worship presentation software
SongSelect .txt and .usr File import into SongShow Plus
Some have used the clipboard for entering CCLI (SongSelect) formatted songs into SSP, however there is a tool in SSP specifically for importing the .txt and .usr format files available from the CCLI website.
The SongSelect Download File option is a better alternative to the clipboard for these files.
This will save you a lot of time compared to the clipboard and you can import several songs at once.
NOTE: the USR file format is the preferred type for import into SSP.
The first step is to get the songs you want from the CCLI website:
- Go to the CCLI website in a browser outside of SSP.
- Search for the desired song and select the Lyrics link. This will take you to a page with the song detail. On this page there are two buttons in the upper right -- Save and Export. The Save option will give you a .txt file and the Export option will give you a .usr file. The .usr file format has additional song information such as Themes and Keys.
- Select either option and save the file to a convenient location.
- Repeat this process for all the songs you want to get from CCLI.
The second step is importing the song(s) into SSP:
- Launch SSP
- From the SSP songs panel, select Import from.. > SongSelect Download file to launch the file importer tool.
- Click on the Select Source Files... button and browse to the file(s) you saved from CCLI. You can repeat this step if the files are saved in different locations.
- Once all the files are selected and verified in the file list, click on the Import button. This will add all the songs in the list to the SSP songs database.
- A dialog will appear confirming the import and asking if you want to add them to the current program. select one option.
This completes the SongSelect Download File import process.