songshow plus worship presentation software
How do I move a SongShow Plus version 8 license to another machine?*
Applicable SongShow Plus Versions:
This article applies to all SongShow Plus 8.x versions.
Thank You for using SongShow Plus!
NOTE: If you have SongShow Plus 8.4 dated 06/04/2018 or a later 8.x version this process should work. If you have an earlier version of SongShow Plus, you can either update to the current 8.x version or contact the Support Team for further assistance. If you are not sure, you can verify your 8.x version from the main toolbar -- Help > About will show version and build date.
You will need to know the following to successfully move or swap a SongShow Plus license:
- Your organization's Customer Account ID. If you need help finding this, refer to FAQ010.
- The Machine Account ID of the licenses you want to move. This will be obtained from an active machine in the steps below.
- Local system administrator rights for the machines you are working with.
NOTE: This process assumes that both machines are still actively using SongShow Plus and accessible. If that is not the case, contact the Support Team.
To move a SongShow Plus 8 license (Projection or Workstation) from one machine to another, there are two distinct operations to complete on each machine - deactivating the current license and activating the new license.
To deactivate the license on a machine do the following:
- SongShow Plus should be in an activated state for this operation. Launch SongShow Plus.
- From the main toolbar select Tools > Activation....
- Once the activation process is open the resulting Current License page contains both your Customer Account ID and the Machine Account ID - make note of both and click Next.
- Select option B) I want to de-activate... and then click Next.
- Once selected, the license de-activation process will continue. NOTE: Elevation may be required during this process.
- Once completed, click Close. If SongShow Plus is still open, close it now.
NOTE: Repeat these steps on the second machine as well, clearly noting which information is from which machine.
To activate the license on a machine do the following:
- SongShow Plus should be in a de-activated state for this operation. Launch SongShow Plus.
- The user should be presented with a message indicating activation is needed. Click OK to proceed.
- The activation tool should present a list of options. Select option D) I have received an Activation Code and Click Next.
- Enter the Machine Account ID (obtained during the de-activation steps) and password, then click Next.
- The activation system will detect the type of license (Projection or Workstation) and ask for confirmation. Select Yes then click Next.
- Once selected, continue with the license activation process. NOTE: Elevation may be required during this process.
- Click Close. Once completed, SongShow Plus will automatically restart.
NOTE: Repeat these steps on the second machine as well, confirming that the correct license is applied to each machine.
Congratulations, your SongShow Plus 8 license has now been moved.
If you are unable to complete this successfully, please contact the Support Team.