songshow plus worship presentation software
How do I re-use a SongShow Plus version 8 license from a decommissioned machine?*
Applicable SongShow Plus Versions:
This article applies to all SongShow Plus 8.x versions.
Thank You for using SongShow Plus!
NOTE: If you have SongShow Plus 8.4 dated 06/04/2018 or a later 8.x version this process should work. If you have an earlier version of SongShow Plus, you can either update to the current 8.x version or contact the Support Team for further assistance. If you are not sure, you can verify your 8.x version from the main toolbar -- Help > About will show version and build date.
You will need to know the following to successfully re-use a SongShow Plus license:
- Your organization's Customer Account ID. If you need help finding this, refer to FAQ010.
- The Machine Account ID of the license you want to re-use. This will be obtained from the old machine in the steps below - it must still be accessible.
- Local system administrator rights for the machines you are working with.
NOTE: This process assumes that your decommissioned machine is still operational and accessible. If it is not, contact the Support Team.
To re-use a SongShow Plus 8 license (Projection or Workstation) on a machine, there are two distinct operations to complete - deactivating the license on the old machine and activating the license on the new machine.
To deactivate the license on the old machine do the following:
- SongShow Plus should be in an activated state for this operation. Launch SongShow Plus.
- From the main toolbar select Tools > Activation....
- Once the activation process is open the resulting Current License page contains both your Customer Account ID and the Machine Account ID - make note of both and click Next.
- Select option B) I want to de-activate... and then click Next.
- Once selected, the license de-activation process will continue. NOTE: Elevation may be required during this process.
- Once completed, click Close. If SongShow Plus is still open, close it now.
To activate the license on the new machine do the following:
- SongShow Plus should be in a de-activated state for this operation. Launch SongShow Plus.
- The user should be presented with a message indicating activation is needed. Click OK to proceed.
- The activation tool should present a list of options. Select option D) I have received an Activation Code and Click Next.
- Enter the Machine Account ID (obtained during the de-activation steps) and password, then click Next.
- The activation system will detect the type of license (Projection or Workstation) and ask for confirmation. Select Yes then click Next.
- Once selected, continue with the license activation process. NOTE: Elevation may be required during this process.
- Click Close. Once completed, SongShow Plus will automatically restart.
Congratulations, your SongShow Plus 8 license has now been re-used.
If you are unable to complete this successfully, please contact the Support Team.